Dover – Nov 20, 2023 – Chil Femtech Center Inc, a hub and Spoke Tele medicine leader, proudly announces the successful securing of a significant venture capital investment.
The funding will fuel Chil Femtech center’s continued innovation, expansion of her Spoke and Hub Tele medicine services to more Excluded African population.
This latest investment comes from Health Innovation Exchange (HIEx) through its Women in Innovation Fund (WiNFUND), co-founded by Reckitt, demonstrating a strong vote of confidence in Chil Femtech Center’s vision and growth trajectory.
The funds will be utilized to further enhance expanding its scope and solidify Chil Femtech Center’s position as a key player in the Africa’s Tele medicine ecosystem.
Chil’s Founder and CEO, Dr. Shamim Nabuuma Kaliisa expressed enthusiasm about the partnership, stating,
“Africa carries about 25% of the global disease burden yet only 3% of the global health work force is located on the continent. This means that the few health workers available on the continent are concentrated in urban and peri-urban areas leaving the rural and those living in hard to reach areas with no immediate quality and professional medical services option apart from having to move long distances to towns. As a company, chil envisions a future where a patient being treated from a very remote, rural health facility gets the same services as a patient getting treatment from a first class, town based hospital. Chil are thrilled to welcome our new investors onboard. This strategic funding will empower the company to unlock new opportunities in African Healthcare”.
While the exact financial details of the investment remain confidential, Chil Femtech Center is excited about the collaborative potential with its new partners and is poised for transformative developments in the coming months.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Miss Lumbasi Ellen
Head of PR Chil Femtech Center Inc. [email protected]
About CHIL Femtech Center inc :
We use an artificial intelligence guided hub and spoke telemedicine model to reach the excluded, rural populations in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania with the much needed quality medical services
The model allows a patient from our partner rural clinic to have access to quality medical professional services just like anyone would get from any first class health facility based in the city.
- We partner with local Health facilities with No stationed Doctors/specialists
- Offer them our Tele-medicine Artificial Intelligence Chatbot together with compatible Tele-medicine devices.
- Train the facilities’ Nurses on how to use the technologies
- When a clinic gets a patient, the trained Nurse initiates a call with our E-Doctor based at our Hub
- The doctor can ask the patient to carry out a given test. If the facility does not have a laboratory, E-lab test request is made to our Hub or partner Laboratory If our Hub is far
- On testing, the Results are uploaded on the patients EMR account and a copy sent to our E-doctor who does E-prescription
- If the the treating Spoke does not have the E-prescribed drugs, then through our E-pharmacyportal, drugs are then ordered from our Pharmacy or partner pharmacy if ours is far away
- For complicated cases that require further management, our Spokes Electronically refers them to our own Hubs or partner Hubs if ours are far away.
In the end our doctors become the e doctors for our partner rural clinics just like our pharmacies and partner pharmacies become our spokes pharmacies hence improving the quality of health care for the people living in rural areas of Africa without putting pressure on their pockets to pay for transport fees to cities where such kind of care was previously accessed.
Other services offered under this revolutionary model include: E-hygiene Shop for Health facilities